Awards and Scholarship Recipients
|TMUA Scholarship Program|
|2019||Hannah Barber and Kate Thane|
|2018||Adam Thane and Kate Thane|
|2017||Adam Thane and Kate Thane|
|2016||Amanda Harris, Wesley Maresh, and Kate Thane|
|2015||Amanda Harris, Wesley Maresh, Annie Reck, and Adam Thane|
|2014||Justin Siddall, Irving and Wesley Maresh, Sealy|
|2013||Justin Siddall, Irving and Wesley Maresh, Sealy|
|2012||Melinda Hamidian and Elizabeth Allen|
|2011||Melanie Hunt, Arlington|
|2010||Neda Hamidian, Webster|
|2009||Brantley Freeman, Mansfield|
|2009||Samuel Williams, Garland|
|2008||Matthew C. Hunt|
|2008||Andrew T. Smith|
|Outstanding Public Official Award|
|2016||Joe Smolinski, Deputy City Manager, City of Mansfield|
|2013||David Bailey, Director of Utilities, City of Waxahachie|
|2010||Robert W. Sokoll, Retired City Manager, City of Waxahachie|
|2009||Dr. Robert N. Cluck, Mayor, City of Arlington|
|Outstanding Municipal Utility Award|
|2019||City of Corpus Christi|
|2018||City of Mansfield|
|2017||City of Georgetown|
|2016||City of Huntsville|
|2015||City of Huntsville|
|2014||City of Waxahachie|
|2013||City of Brownwood|
|2012||City of Round Rock|
|2011||City of Irving|
|2010||City of Irving|
|2009||City of Garland|
|2008||Arlington Water Utilities|
|Distinguished Service Award|
|2017||Lynn Short, City of Victoria|
|2014||David Harris, City of Brownwood|
|2012||Jim Siddall, City of Grand Prairie|
|2010||Fiona Allen, P.E., Deputy City Manager, City of Arlington|
|2009||Ron Haynes, Director of Public Works, City of Hurst|
Outstanding Public Official Award
Each year, TMUA accepts nominations for their Outstanding Public Official Award. This award recognizes an elected or appointed official of a TML member city who serves on a Council, Board, or Commission which has responsibility over the affairs of a municipal utility system, or any State of Texas elected or appointed official who has made a substantial contribution to the municipal utilities of Texas.
The nominee must:
- Have been an official for two years.
- Have contributed significantly to support the affairs of a municipal utility system in Texas.
- Have taken a leadership role in support of the municipal utility industry locally or in Texas and supported sound municipal utility management.
Outstanding Municipal Utility Award
Each year, TMUA accepts nominations for their Outstanding Municipal Utility Award. This award honors a municipal utility system with active members in TMUA. The expectation of the Awards Selection Committee is for interested utilities to nominate themselves.
The nominee system should meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Is widely recognized as a leader in the municipal utility industry.
- Has enhanced the prestige of all municipal utility systems.
- Has made a measurable improvement to customer services.
- Has developed innovative solutions to any utility problem.
Distinguished Service Award
Each year, TMUA accepts nominations for their Distinguished Service Award. This award honors an employee of a Texas Municipal Utility who has been an active participant in TMUA affairs for at least three years.
The nominee must:
- Have contributed to the municipal utility industry locally and in Texas.
- Have been recognized for a substantial achievement in the municipal utilities industry.
- Have been widely recognized int he TMUA for exceptional leadership and devotion to duty.