Awards and Scholarships
TMUA presents 3 Awards and up to 3 Scholarships every year. Awards and Scholarships are announced at the Annual Conference in June. If you have questions, please call the TMUA coordinator at 512-231-7400.
Nominations for 2016-2017 must be received by April 7, 2017.
- Outstanding Public Official Award Application
- Outstanding Municipal Utility Award Application
- Distinguished Service Award Application
- TMUA Scholarship Program Application
Outstanding Public Official Award
Each year, TMUA accepts nominations for their Outstanding Public Official Award. This award recognizes an elected or appointed official of a TML member city who serves on a Council, Board, or Commission which has responsibility over the affairs of a municipal utility system, or any State of Texas elected or appointed official who has made a substantial contribution to the municipal utilities of Texas.
The nominee must:
- Have been an official for two years.
- Have contributed significantly to support the affairs of a municipal utility system in Texas.
- Have taken a leadership role in support of the municipal utility industry locally or in Texas and supported sound municipal utility management.
Outstanding Municipal Utility Award
Each year, TMUA accepts nominations for their Outstanding Municipal Utility Award. This award honors a municipal utility system with active members in TMUA. The expectation of the Awards Selection Committee is for interested utilities to nominate themselves.
The nominee system should meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Is widely recognized as a leader in the municipal utility industry.
- Has enhanced the prestige of all municipal utility systems.
- Has made a measurable improvement to customer services.
- Has developed innovative solutions to any utility problem.
Distinguished Service Award
Each year, TMUA accepts nominations for their Distinguished Service Award. This award honors an employee of a Texas Municipal Utility who has been an active participant in TMUA affairs for at least three years.
The nominee must:
- Have contributed to the municipal utility industry locally and in Texas.
- Have been recognized for a substantial achievement in the municipal utilities industry.
- Have been widely recognized int he TMUA for exceptional leadership and devotion to duty.
TMUA Scholarship Program
Each year TMUA awards three $500 scholarships to deserving college students for assistance toward needed books or tuition.
Scholarship recipients must meet the following simple requirements:
- The recipient must be a TMUA member or the son or daughter of a member.
- The TMUA member must have been a member for at least one year.
- The recipient must have been a resident of Texas for at least one year prior to the date of application.
- The recipient must plan to attend college during the fall semester of the year of the award.
If you have a suggestion for inclusion on this page, please submit it here.